Monday 13 August 2012

Little Owl Cakes

I had so so soooo much fun doing these! I got the idea online and, as my sister is a little obsessed with owls at the moment, couldn't wait to give these a go. They took me absolutely ages though. Once again they are marble cakes and I am still struggling to get the amount right in the case, how is this possible? I started with cutting circles in roll-on icing and then proceeded to cut out an array of shapes for the owls etc. The owls themselves were hard to cut and I ended up using the bottom of a snowman cutter which was perfect for size! Once again I didn't really leave myself enough time and ended up going waaaay into the night doing these but it was so worth it! They're awesome!
Lesson number 20: Get some more cutters (for when you're back at uni!)

No comments:

Post a Comment